The assignment included highway engineering, drainage and hydrology engineering, electrical engineering, public consultation, and traffic engineering.
As the lead consultant for the Total Project Management (TPM) detailed design service assignment, Morrison Hershfield provided the following services:
- Completed the detail design for the conversion of the intersection from a stop-controlled intersection to a roundabout, for the reconstruction of Highway 33 along its present alignment, and the realignment and reconstruction of County Road 1
- Provided construction staging, scheduling, cost estimating, and administration services
- Followed the environmental planning process for Group ‘B’ projects under the Class Environmental Assessment for Provincial Transportation Facilities
- Completed a Design and Construction Report, and carried out stakeholder and public consultation (including a Public Information Centre)
- Contributed to MTO’s “Public Education Campaign” by designing an educational brochure, poster, leaflet, video, and website on the proper use of a roundabout
Morrison Hershfield successfully designed MTO’s first modern roundabout. An innovative staging plan maintained good traffic flow during construction with only minor disruption to residents and businesses.
Recommended Landscaping Plan for Roundabout