On May 1st, 2004 Morrison Hershfield accepted the "2004 ASET Technical Employer of the Year" award from the Alberta Society of Engineering Technologists (ASET). This honour is awarded to an organization for its support of the technician/technologist community in Alberta, as well as for its overall achievements. Both private and public sector organizations are eligible to win the award.
Morrison Hershfield was selected for the award based on our efforts to utilize, recognize and reward our technicians and technologists as outlined below:
- Morrison Hershfield supports and encourages a wide range of professional development activities for all staff. Additionally, the company pays ASET dues for Associates and Shareholders of the firm.
- Morrison Hershfield demonstrates a high level of commitment to the communities in which we live and work. Morrison Hershfield provides strong support for employee volunteerism in the community - on both corporate and individual levels. Staff members participate in events such as the Staff Run for Charity, Habitat for Humanity, the NoKaOi (Ranch) Children's Foundation in Calgary, the United Way and the promotion of Healthy Families. Additionally, staff members volunteer in many professional organizations.
- Morrison Hershfield encourages respect and support among employees through the implementation of progressive employment policies and our Core Values and Principles.
- Morrison Hershfield has a comprehensive safety program in place.
- Morrison Hershfield has experienced a significant growth in revenues over the past 20 years as well as a substantial increase in the number of full time staff.
- Morrison Hershfield maintains a strong reputation for delivering quality service. This is evident through numerous awards for quality, innovation, and community work.
- Morrison Hershfield is committed to the environment, applying sustainable design and construction practices to our everyday work.